University Research Capacity
Develop partnerships with local universities in technology innovation.
Working under the auspices of the Kansas City Area Development Council, leaders of the region’s higher education institutions have identified the use of broadband to connect research capacities as a priority.
Our goal is to accelerate local economic development and innovation processes by developing significant relationships, supported by ultra-high-speed fiber technology, among leading research and educational institutions.
We recommend the support of efforts to ensure that technology is available to connect campuses and research institutions, not only within the region but also across the country.
- Develop a pilot project in which participating organizations can enjoy a greater degree of collaboration with significant research and educational institutions.
- Drive regional economic growth by stimulating a new generation of innovation and addressing critical needs in areas such as workforce development, health care and education.
Benefits & Outcomes
- Improved relationships with research and education institutions
- Improved research and educational opportunities
- Acceleration of the local innovation process
- Improved long-term economic development prospects
Established Higher Education Task Force with the KC Area Development Council