cities represented at the Gigabit City Summit telepresence events
city leaders at the 2014 Gigabit City Summit-KC
U.S. metros expected at the Gigabit City Summit 2015
Telepresence roundtables will provide a global platform to share what we’ve learned, promote economic development opportunities, and accelerate the momentum already established locally through Building the Gigabit City, Give Us a Gig and the Kansas City Broadband Leadership Summit.
A compelling exchange of issues and experiences with communities around the world will lead to strategic and tactical action plans to move high-speed fiber initiatives forward.
- Engage local partners and sponsors, develop an initial discussion agenda and issue a global core-team invitation.
- Develop collaborative relationships between Kansas City and other leading Gigabit Cities around the globe.
- Share best practices on a global basis.
- Gain immediate national and international recognition by positioning Kansas City, Kan., Kansas City, Mo., and local organizations on the global stage.
- Develop series of physical conference events to bring gigabit city leaders from around the country to Kansas City
- Three Gigabit City Summit sessions with leaders from Amsterdam, Singapore, Moscow, Toronto and Barcelona among others
- Secured participation in Smart City Expo + World Congress by Kansas City mayors, KC Digital Drive and area entrepreneurs
- Speaking engagements about Kansas City digital developments at
- Smart Cities Summit; Feb 2012; Vancouver, BC; Sly James
- Delta Regional Authority Summit; Oct 2012; Memphis, TN; Rick Usher
- FTTH Forum; Nov 2012; Istanbul, Turkey; Aaron Deacon
- Freedom 2 Connect; Mar 2013; Washington, DC; Aaron Deacon
- Broadband Communities Summit; April 2013; Dallas, TX; Sly James, Joe Reardon, Mike Burke, Rick Usher, Steve Fennel, Aaron Deacon
- US Ignite Application Summit; June 2013; Chicago, IL; Aaron Deacon
- Innovus 2013; May 2013; Tomsk, Russia; Mike Burke, Rick Usher via SightDeck
- Participated in Meeting of the Minds smart city summit Sep 2012, SF
- Participated in day-long FCC session about commissioner’s Gigabit City Challenge
- Hosted FTTH Council Community Toolkit Conference in Kansas City and worked closely with FTTH leadership to facilitate program and connections
- Actively participated in US Ignite programming to unite gigabit cities around application opportunities; joined US Ignite Applications Committee
- Represent KC interests in national conversations about gigabit city leadership along with FTTH Council, Broadband Communities Summit, FCC, Gig.U, et al
- Coordinated foreign press tour and activities during FTTH Council
- Met with EU science and technology delegation to share KC activity
- Participated in Chamber-sponsored Leadership Exchange to Austin
- Gig2Gig sessions between in Kansas City and Chattanooga entrepreneurs
- Kansas City hosted CityAge conference, and Mayor James participated in conferences in Vancouver and New York
- KU Med and KC Library participate in SHLB conference (DC, May 2013)