Through the AmeriCorps VISTA program, and with the generous support of our friends at Literacy KC, we’re looking to hire a Project Coordinator. This is a one-year position working out of our downtown office on all sorts of exciting projects at the intersection of technology and community impact. Click on the links below to learn more about our work in the key areas this position will support. If interested, you must apply here through the AmeriCorps VISTA site, where you can also learn more about the program.
Summary of Position
The Project Coordinator will assist with event planning and execution; provide support for project managers in tracking progress, recording metrics, and sharing outwardly project progress; and cultivate cross-channel lines of support for KC Digital Drive’s work, including building volunteer capacity and identifying/pursuing additional funding sources. This position has a particular focus on three KC Digital Drive programs: Code for KC Brigade, KC Coalition for Digital Inclusion, and the Health Innovation Team.
- Provide event support, logistical coordination and communications assistance for Code for KC weekly hack nights and other milestone events
- Serve as a coordinator for individual Brigade teams to help track progress, assess needs, and point to the right resources within the KC Digital Drive network to maintain progress
- Help to align the varying engagement channels for Code for KC Brigade members (Meetup.com, Eventbrite, email, Google+) to facilitate better community building.
- Manage the volunteer coder/designer community and work to grow membership in the Brigade by engaging with other tech communities
- Develop a schedule of regular meetings with area city governments and other civic stakeholders in order to identify new opportunities and share progress
- Maintain project database and reporting of projects with a goal of increasing both metrics and visibility
- Help to Identify speakers and program content for monthly KC Coalition for Digital Inclusion (KCCDI) meetings
- Support the Digital Inclusion resource survey and reporting to assess the needs of Coalition members and other digital inclusion practitioners
- Work with project teams to implement cross-pollination strategies (e.g., potential Code for KC projects within KCCDI, delivering health services at digital inclusion sites)
- Create and distribute email newsletter, blog, and social media content that shares project information
- Research and identify sources of funding for Code for KC, the KC Coalition for Digital Inclusion, and other initiatives
- Work to develop sponsor offering and sponsors for Code for KC among local business community
- Work with staff to write grants and submit funding applications.
- Complete general office duties related to position (mailings, phone calls, community outreach, etc.).
- An independent, self-motivated, creative and resourceful individual with an interest in emerging tech and how it affects quality of life and can be used to improve our communities.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, adaptable to diverse subject areas
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Fundraising/grant writing experiences a plus.
- Comfortable with computers, proficient with Windows Office Suite and Google docs. Experience with web marketing or productivity tools (Asana, MailChimp, SurveyMonkey, EventBrite, etc) a plus.
- Valid drivers license, good driving record, and personal vehicle