Connecting for Good
A nonprofit dedicated to bridging the digital divide in Kansas City.
The only nonprofit in Kansas City solely dedicated to digital inclusion, Connecting for Good provides wireless mesh networks, community technology centers, low-cost refurbished PCs and free digital life skills classes.
Launched in 2011, Connecting for Good’s early ambitions revolved around providing blanket wi-fi networks for residents in the Kansas City, Kansas, community of Rosedale. In late 2012, CFG received a funding boost from mobile apps company One Louder thanks to coordinating efforts by the Social Media Club of Kansas City and KC Digital Drive.
Connecting for Good Now a certified nonprofit ISP that works to bridge the digital divide through a variety of services, including:
- Two Community Technology Centers
- 3101 Troost in KCMO
- 2600 NE 3rd in KCK
- Operation of free wi-fi networks covering three housing facilities:
- Rosedale Ridge, a low-income housing project in Kansas City, KS
- Posada del Sol, a senior high rise in Kansas City, MO
- Juniper Gardens, a four-block low-income housing complex in KCK
- A mobile computer lab
- A PC refurbishing operation capable of producing 50 computers a month for as little as $50 each
Connecting for Good is always in need of donations, either of used computers or financial contributions. Find out more at connectingforgood.org.
The People Involved
Chief Operating Officer
KC Digital Drive