Consolidated Communications, which acquired SureWest Communications, announced that it has launched a 1 Gigabit Internet package in the KC area. Consolidated Communications (CCI) will offer the 1 Gig service to all its Kansas City fiber-to-the-home customers.
“Our customer’s expectation for a faster Internet connection to enable activities like home-based businesses, gaming and video streaming continues to grow,” according to Michael Smith, chief marketing officer for CCI.
In place since 2007, CCI’s fiber network has the capacity for 1 Gig speeds. CCI’s fiber Internet packages offer symmetrical services from 18 Mbps to 1 Gig. The new 1 Gig package is available for $69.95 per month with no construction or installation fees but requires a technician to visit the home.
Consolidated’s web site lists following “principles” for its new service.
- We will offer 1Gig to anyone who wants it and qualifies. There are no forced sales windows or neighborhood sign-up minimums.
- We won’t force you to bundle to get the 1Gig.
- We have a local sales and support staff.
- We have term agreement options; from no term up to two-years.
- We don’t collect or use your personal browsing data in any way.
- We won’t make you pay for installation, home networking is also included for free.
- We won’t tear up your yard; been there done that.
- We don’t have a usage cap.
CCI will activate an Ethernet port that will connect to the router it provides if you subscribe to CCI’s home networking service. Customers can also connect to their own router. Customers do not need a modem. Details can be found at: http://www.surewest.com/1gig or by calling (913) 825-3000.