NOTICE OF FUNDING OPPORTUNITY
This NOFO is open to KC Digital Drive Community Partners and Fellows/Startups in the Solutions Lab Ventures program
- Question about eligibility or how it works, contact Kari Keefe at kkeefe at kcdigitaldrive dot org
- Program Term: JUNE 15, 2023 to MAY 31, 2024
About Hire KC Micro-Internships
We know, first hand, the hard work and endless resources it takes to run and work at a nonprofit or startup organization. And we know there’s a lot of great young talent to be harnessed to help support the great work you do.
Thanks to this generous grant from Bank of America, KC Digital Drive is offering funding for 10-, 20- and 40- hour micro-internships to eligible nonprofit partners and Solutions Lab Ventures fellows.
Do you need help with your social media, graphic design, event coordination, office or admin assistance, video editing, data entry, or copywriting? The options are endless, and you can hire a college intern right now. Interns that you select will earn $20/hour to work on your project, and be paid by Hire KC!
Micro-Internships offer an opportunity to engage local college students and recent graduates on short-term, professional assignments, and provide nonprofits/startups with a unique opportunity to get items off of your to-do list while assessing students’ skills and quality of work.
Terms of the Hire KC Micro-Internship Program:
- KC area nonprofits and SLV fellows/startups may submit projects in the Parker Dewey portal (up to (3) 10, 20 or 40-hour projects). Projects are vetted and approved by our team within 3 business days.
- Interns are paid upon project completion. We recommend weekly or biweekly projects so they can be paid with regularity.
- Interns are independent contractors and will receive 1099 tax forms from Parker Dewey.
- Micro-Internships can be either on-site or virtual, depending on the specific requirements of the project.
- There is a ceiling of funds available to cover intern stipends, and once that threshold is reached, no additional projects will be funded in this cycle.
What you can do right now:
- Watch a recorded info session to get started posting your first project. | Click here.
- Read more about the Hire KC project. | Click here.
- Get inspired and get ideas with the sample micro-internships below.
Candidate Sourcing > Get help from a college student or recent grad to identify and research prospective candidates that are qualified for one or more of your open roles.
Content Creation > When you have content ideas but no time for the first pass, look to the research and writing skills of college students.
Social Media Content Calendar > Creating a quality social media content calendar is time consuming. Give an eager student the opportunity to develop it for you.
User Experience Testing > Engage a student in conducting a comprehensive UX test of your website and provide suggestions for improvement.
Diversity Best Practices > Allow a student to develop a diversity manual that highlights current best practices and offers ideas for your organization.
CRM Lead Cleansing > Utilize a college student’s research skills to review and update data on existing leads.
Bookkeeping / Reconciliation > Leverage the attention to detail of a student to assist with reconciling your accounts receivable.
Marketing Collateral > Need a logo, postcard, flyer, Instagram image, etc created? Engage a student to design marketing collateral for an upcoming event or campaign.