Regional Nonprofits Focus on Connecting Individuals to Affordable Broadband and Devices
The KC Regional COVID-19 Response and Recovery Fund recently awarded approximately $800,000 to organizations in the metro area to address internet access, devices and training. The Mid-America Regional Council acted as an agent on behalf of its Advisory Board to facilitate the application and fund disbursement through the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation.
Grantees from the 9-county region include:
- aSTEAM Village
- Catholic Charities of NE Kansas
- ECKAN – East Central KS Economic Opportunity Corp.
- El Centro
- Essential Families
- Front Porch Alliance
- Goodwill of Western MO & Eastern KS
- Groundwork NE
- Guadalupe Centers
- Hispanic Economic Development Corp.
- JCCC – Adult Education
- Jewish Vocational Service
- Kansas City, KS Public Library
- KC Digital Drive*
- Kansas City Public Library
- Kearney Enrichment Council
- Latinx Education Collaborative
- Mattie Rhodes
- Metropolitan Lutheran Ministry
- My Father’s House Community Services
- Northland Shepherd’s Center
- Osawatomie Public Library
- Parkville Living Center
- PCs for People
- The Toolbox
- Urban TEC
*KC Digital Drive received a grant of $40,000 to be used as matching funds for its regional FCC-funded Mid-America ACP Outreach Campaign, allocating the match to over $150,000 designated to fund local outreach partners for conducting specific ACP awareness and enrollment assistance activities over the campaign’s 12-month term. Along with expansion of the KC Goes Tech program, these funds will provide direct support and capacity building to at least 25 more additional organizations.