This workshop is part of a series of events geared towards building new collaborative projects between our university and local government partners.
The focus for our December 2020 event will be regional air quality, conducted in two parts. The first 90 minutes will include a panel discussion with local public sector air quality staff, followed by a presentation on the AQ&U Project on a collaboration between Salt Lake City and the University of Utah. We have received an NSF grant through our US Ignite partnership for 50 low-cost commodity air sensors to do a similar project in local context, and we are starting the process to define our local objectives and put a project team in place.
The final hour will be split between dedicated Q&A on air quality or other topics of interes, along with an opportunity for networking and short presentations for city partners about their needs for university collaborators; or for university researchers to give lightning talks about civic research.
- 2:00 – 2:10PM Welcome and introductions
- 2:10 – 3:10PM Public sector panel discussion on air quality
- 3:10 – 3:30PM Presentation on Salt Lake City sensor project
Breakout and Discussion
- 3:30 – 4:00PM – Q&A / Discussion and Sharing
- 4:00 – 4:30PM – City / University Partner Lightning Talks