Event Date: July 25, 2023
Time: 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm
Location: Children’s Mercy Hospital – Community Room (2401 Gillham Road, Kansas City, MO, 64108)
The VR/AR Association (VRARA) is an international XR organization. The Kansas City chapter of the VRARA is dedicated to growing the VR/AR industry in the region through connecting, educating, and advocating VR/AR as an innovative platform that will transform industries and contribute to our community and economy.
We’ll kick off at 5:00pm with a networking event (pizza and drink provided), then start the talks around 5:15.
- 5:00 – Network / Demo
- 5:15 – Overview of VRARA, KC Chapter goals and overview of the VRARA industry-committees, upcoming industry forum events (Doug Hohulin, VRARA Chapter President – Kansas City / Jim Starcev, KC Digital Drive, Program Manager)
- 5:30 – KC What is happening in XR in KC, Company & University Overviews
- 5:40 Patient Progression Hub Tours every 15 minutes – 10 people per tour.
- 6:00 – Networking, XR Demos
- Bill Saltmarsh, Chief Data Officer at Children’s Mercy – Overview of the new ‘Patient Progression Hub’ (hospital operations control center housing a video wall with customized AI-driven apps)
- Doug Hohulin, MediView – Combining AR, telecollaboration and AI (data-driven insights technologies) for diagnostic imaging, surgical navigation and ultimately patient care and the 10G Challenge Grand Prize Winner
- Craig Mason, Raise Health Innovations – Using AI to detect mental health issues in social media and other conversations.
- Scott Gunnigle, Agada Medical – Defining the future of spine surgery.
- Sarah Hill, Healium – A drugless tool for burnout and an SDK that allows other media creators to easily import bio-data into their projects. In 7 peer-reviewed journals, Healium has been shown to quickly reduce anxiety and improve mood in as little as 4 minutes.
- Fabian Conde, Outbound AI – Conversation AI built for healthcare. AI-powered Virtual Agents serve as workforce multipliers that drive productivity while improving the daily job experience for human talent.
- Matt Atkins, On-Call Hub, A telehealth triage provider’s first and last stop.
If you are interested in being a speaker or demonstrating XR related product, email: email@example.com
We are planning a KC VRARA meeting every 2 to 3 months – either on Zoom or in person at different KC Metro Locations – put on by the VRARA Kansas City Chapter with the support of KC Digital Drive.
Dress is casual. The event is free to registered attendees.
Parking + Check-In Instructions
The main entrance has a parking garage on the North side when you enter. You will check in there.
KC Digital Drive is a 501c3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to improve the quality of life for Kansas City area residents through digital leadership, with a focus on maximizing technology use by diverse communities, and spurring the development of technology solutions for vexing public problems.