Event Date: May 11, 2023
Time: 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
Location: Populous – 4800 Main St #300, Kansas City, MO
Did you know that Kansas City is at the forefront of the esports scene? Kansas City has a professional esports team. Area colleges have esports teams that offer students scholarships for the sport. Kansas City architectural firms are designing esports arenas around the world. There’s even a High School Esports League that coordinates esports for area teens.
Join us on May 11th from 5:30 – 7:00 p.m. for DIGITAL SCENE – KC: esports. Connect with KC area digital media professionals in a casual, happy hour event while you learn more about what’s going on in KC with esports.
- Enjoy food and drink
- Network with other KC area digital media professionals and digital media educators
- Meet esports leaders and professionals from KC esports programs
- See best practice examples of how esports programs are being implemented in Kansas City
- Try your hand at competitive esports experiences during the event
- Populous is a leader in developing esports arenas—both physical and virtual. Meet with Marvin Mastin, Brand Activation Manager/Associate Principal, to learn more about the Kansas City esports scene and how architectural firms are addressing the needs of esports arenas.
- Kansas City Pioneers is a multi-discipline professional esports organization based in Kansas City. Meet with Mark Josey, Co-Founder and CEO.
- KCGameOn organizes gaming and esports programs, conferences and events to enrich and grow esports in the KC metro through serving our community. Meet with Nick Engstrom – CEO.
- Level Up Arena is the only dedicated esports space in the Midwest. Meet with Josh Garr – Founding Team/CEO.
- Henderson Engineering – A national building systems design firm, we provide a full-scope of engineering services with a sustainable approach from mechanical, electrical, and plumbing to fire and life safety, refrigeration, telecom, security, acoustics, and more. Meet with Kevin Butler – Esports Practice Leader.
- Ottawa University Esports has a state of the art arena with top notch equipment to support our Esports student-athletes. Meet with Alex Madera – Director of Esports Ottawa University.
- VRDojo Dust: Virtual Combat – Your favorite VR playstyles together in one arena. Meet with Michael Eichenseer, founder and lead designer.
- NACE works with member institutions to develop the structure and tools needed to advance collegiate esports in the varsity space. Meet with AJ Jones, NACE Director and Kansas City Esports Coalition Chair.
- Learn how Esport Supply meets a wide range of product, supply and expertise needs for the esports industry. Meet with Derrek Harter, Principal.
- The VideoGames & ESPORTS Foundation provides grants/financial assistance to disenfranchised students and schools and scholarships to students through gaming and esports clubs in schools. It strives to increase literacy around the esports industry’s positive impact on healthy lifestyles, mental health, community, and STEM. Meet with Bubba Gaeddert, co-founder and Executive Director.
- Unified Esports Association brings players together in structured, tiered competitions across collegiate and amateur virtual leagues, and provides a physical tournament experience catered to both esports enthusiasts and casual gamers alike. Meet with Ramsey Jamoul, CEO.
- Generation Esports is the home for all gamers to compete, create, and learn together by making it easy for communities of all backgrounds and ages to socialize and connect through video games. Generation Esports runs the largest league for high school esports and is rapidly growing their middle school and college leagues! Meet with Mason Mullenioux, Co-Founder & CEO.
Who Can Attend?
Digital media professionals and digital media educators.
This event is free but you must REGISTER to attend.
The event will be held at Populous in the Grandstand area. Patrons will take the elevator up to the third floor. There will be a Populous person in the lobby to provide access to the elevator.
Parking & Access Instructions:
Parking is available along 48th Street or Main Street. Enter the building from the 48th Street entrance. You may also use the visitor parking in the garage on 48th Street. You will need to exit the garage and still enter through the 48th Street entrance, the garage doors will be locked. You will see the Populous banner at this 48th Street entrance (pictured below).
As you enter the building take the hallway to your right to the elevators. Someone from Populous or KC Digital Drive will greet you at the elevators and assist you to the 3rd floor. On the 3rd floor you will go past the reception desk to the Registration Table where you will check in and get your name badge. The networking event will take place on the 2nd floor. After registering you can proceed to the 2nd floor from the stairs next to the registration table or by means of the elevators.
All parking and event locations related to this event are handicap accessible.
This event is part of the DIGITAL SCENE KC series and is sponsored by: