Increase access to capital for new technology-related business development and business expansion. Capital availability is an important element for building an economic environment in which new technology businesses can become established and where existing businesses can expand operations.
- Help increase awareness of, and access to, capital to fund technology-oriented venture and investments
- Support the establishment of a technology mutual fund to provide greater access to capital and increased options for both investors to be connected to new and expanding businesses and to make access to capital easier for new and expanding businesses.
- Create a network of investors, entrepreneurs, technology experts and business professionals that can serve as mentors to help new and growing technology businesses.
- Encourage state policy to support angel tax credits in both Missouri and Kansas for small technology businesses.
- Encourage the availability and use of new capital methods, including crowd sourcing tools such as Kickstarter to raise resources for new companies.
Benefits and Outcomes
- Environment where technology businesses are able to gain access to the capital necessary to grow their business.
- Established leadership group able to monitor the availability of resources and advance recommendations for improvements
- Robust networking opportunities to support technology- related business development.
- KC SourceLink, UMKC Innovation Center
- Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation
- Greater Kansas City Chamber Big 5 Initiative
- Missouri Dept. of Economic Development
- Kansas Department of Commerce