Join us for our monthly meeting to highlight digital inclusion resources available to practitioners in Kansas City, update progress on digital inclusion efforts, and work collaboratively to bridge the digital divide.
KC Coalition for Digital Inclusion Meeting Agenda
Friday, April 1, 2016 – 10:30 a.m.-Noon
KC Public Library Central Library (14 W. 10th St), Vault Level Meeting Room
- John Kennedy, Community and partner manager with Mobile Citizen (remote)
- John joined Voqal’s Mobile Citizen initiative in 2011, coming from the private sector. Mobile Citizen bridges the digital divide by reducing costs associated with internet access for nonprofit organizations, school welfare agencies, schools and reseller partners, that way these entities can invest more into their mission and those they serve. Through Mobile Citizen’s Reseller program, partner nonprofit organizations work with Mobile Citizen to target neglected populations and scale programs appropriately.
- Greg Housel, Community affairs specialist with FDIC: Alliance for Economic Inclusion
- Greg is a community affairs specialist with the Alliance for Economic Inclusion through the FDIC. He’s presenting on Money Smart Kansas City’s news financial literacy website, MoneySmartKC.org. Money Smart Kansas City is public awareness campaign designed to help consumers better manage their personal finances. The group is made possible thanks to local businesses, financial institutions, schools, libraries, not-for-profits, government agencies and the media.
- Committee lead updates
- Steering (Aaron)
- Summit (Carrie)
- Communications (Aaron)
- Research/Membership (Dominga)
- Events (Stephenie)