Time: 5:00 – 6:30 pm
Location: Kansas City Public Library North East Branch – 6000 Wilson Ave, Kansas City, MO 64123
In 2023, we feel there isn’t a need for cable TV anymore. Learn to leverage your internet service to reduce your cable bill or get rid of cable altogether and take advantage of free or low-cost streaming options instead. Attendees will receive their own free Google Chromecast and information about the range of paid and free streaming services available.
We will also be providing information on how to connect to an Internet Service Provider via the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), which offers a $30 monthly discount for internet for qualifying individuals.
This event will be held at the Kansas City Public Library: North East Branch at 6000 Wilson Ave, Kansas City, MO 64123 from 5:00pm – 6:30pm on Tuesday, April 4th. Food and drink will be provided.
For ACP sign up, you will need to bring the following documents:
One form of Identification:
- Valid government, military, state or Tribal ID
- Birth Certificate
- U.S. Driver’s license
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship or Naturalization
- Permanent Resident Card or Green Card
- Government assistance program document
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) document (does not need to include date of birth)
One of the following proof of qualification:
- Total income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level (3 consecutive months’ paystubs)
- Proof that at least one member of the household receives assistance from, attends, receives or participates in one of the following:
- SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline
- Tribal-specific programs
- Free and reduced-price school meal program
- Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) school
- Federal Pell Grant
- A broadband provider’s existing low-income program