The AR/VR Developer Heartland Challenge is an open innovation competition with $20,000 in prize money to fuel the development of new augmented or virtual reality applications to benefit health care, education, workforce development, civic engagement, government services, and more.
The kickoff event is a Design and Discovery Workshop, where public and private stakeholders in these domains will work closely with entrepreneurs, hackers, makers, developers, and other creative minds to create compelling project concepts that fill a need in the market. Whether you have a current challenge where you think AR/VR may help, or you are a developer or product designer itching to work on something new, we need your contribution. And novices who are just interested to explore the potential of AR/VR are more than welcome to attend.
- 1:00 – 1:15 PM – Welcome and introductions
- 1:15 – 2:00 PM – AR/VR overview, capabilities, and future possibility
- 2:00 – 2:30 PM – Presentation of potential project ideas
Breakout and Discussion
- 2:30 – 3:00 PM – Project and team “speed dating”
- 3:00 – 4:00 PM – Project canvas development
- 4:00 – 4:20 PM – Sharing and report out
- 4:20 – 4:30 PM – Wrap up and next steps
Register For The Event