Companies in the KC Startup Village
Raised by KCSV Startups
Jobs Created by KCSV Companies
Countries Have Visited KCSV
Currently, resources for launching and growing a company in the region are very fragmented. By working in close proximity, small businesses and entrepreneurs can share resources, learn from each other and spur innovations. Such innovation hubs are growing organically in areas such as the Crossroads and the West Bottoms in Kansas City, Mo., and along Rainbow Blvd.
and in downtown Kansas City, Kan. The two cities should support and nurture these and other geographic districts where entrepreneurs gather.
- Identify and support financing mechanisms to support tech districts and innovation hubs, including tax, parking and transportation incentives.
- Support implementation of high-speed fiber and Wi-Fi networks to support small businesses and co-location of office space.
- Support efforts by the Kansas City Economic Development Corporation, Kansas City Area Development Council, the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce and other agencies to work with current and emerging tech districts.
- Learn what entrepreneurs and small business owners in these areas need to thrive and be intentional about addressing gaps and supporting innovation.
- Determine what policies and regulations may need to be changed to encourage tech districts.
- Create a one-stop shop to support startups and make the process of launching or expanding a small business more predictable, efficient and convenient.
* KC Startup Village—supported during early planning; identified and began involvement with only paid employee; designed ambassador program; regularly contribute to meetings and strategic guidance; host and interact with out-of-town visitors
** LaunchKC began to support concentrating technology businesses in the Crossroads Arts district and aid its development as a tech hub
** Reached arrangement with emfluence to host and help administer gigabit beta tester panel; begun to build out templates and branding